HCG Diet Weight Loss for Men and Women
Average Weight Loss in Women in 4 Weeks
Women lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days which is equivalent to ½ to ¾ pounds per day. Women of child-bearing age tend to lose more weight due to higher metabolic and hormonal levels than post-menopausal women. Average
Weight Loss in Men in 4 weeks
Men lose an average of 25-30 pounds in 30 days which is about 1 pound a day. Men have a higher metabolic rate than women and increased testosterone production raises metabolic rate.
The Hypothalamic Connection
The hypothalamus is an area of the brain that controls the complex operation of storing and issuing fuel to the body. The amount of sugar in the blood stream depends on a certain nervous center in the hypothalamus. When this center is destroyed in laboratory animals, they develop a condition rather similar to human diabetes. It has been shown that the destruction of this particular center in the hypothalamus produces a voracious appetite and rapid weight gain in animals.
The HCG is believed to cause the hypothalamus gland in the brain (which regulates the thyroid, metabolic rate, adrenal glands and storage of fat) to target and mobilize stored nutrients within the fat cells by shrinking and draining the fat cell’s contents. The liquefied nutrients are then released into the bloodstream for the body to utilize as a source of natural energy. It is believed that up to 2,000 calories may be delivered in a single day, thus decreasing hunger, increasing energy and metabolism.
Benefits of HCG for Weight Loss
- Fat burning
- Spares lean muscle
- Protects the structural fat
- Targets abnormal fat and problem areas on the stomach, buttocks, thighs, arms and chest
- Redistributes fat
- Decreases cravings for sweets
- Decreases appetite
- Increases libido in men and women
- Maintains weight loss despite returning to regular calorie intake
- Ends rollercoaster dieting frustration
- Ideal for women in menopause with declining or imbalanced hormone levels
- Increases metabolism by raising hormone levels on a small scale
The HCG Program involves an initial evaluation in the office.
The diet consists of four steps:
- Once or twice daily prescription HCG Tab/liquid placed under the tongue for 30 days.
- Load calories with lots of healthy fats for the first 2 days.
- Follow specific food guide with 500 to 700 calorie maximum daily intake for days 3 through 33.
- Drink your water! You flush with ounces of water equivalent to ½ your body weight.
- Maintenance phase is days 34 through 60 when you neither gain nor lose. This “resets” your weight.
In many medical treatment areas, including the use of HCG for weight loss, you will often hear the term “off-label.” When the FDA approves a substance for medical purpose, it is for a very specific use. That FDA-specific use is printed on the label. But the FDA also allows physicians to use their own judgment for newly discovered uses that were not originally included in the FDA-approval specification. This is the nature of HCG use in weight loss. The FDA does require the following to be posted:
FDA Disclaimer: “HCG has not been demonstrated to be an effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”